Thursday, September 13, 2012

About Staying TRUE to yourself on Twitter

I just RE-LEARNED a valuable lesson. I am soooo ashamed of myself.
In an effort to be "funny" and to be "one of the COOL KIDDS" and maybe gain some followers via a hash tag, I said something RACIST that I would have NEVER say in real life. Within a couple of minutes I deleted the tweet, but not before I was very politely reminded by @sexandmuffins that I was wrong to promote stereotypes and was wrong in what I had Tweeted. SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

Why is it that we loose our manners when we are on twitter? I GET the whole anonymity thing, but if your like me and are try to be your real self you should remember the things Your GRANDMAS taught you. I am SO very ashamed of myself. If my Grandma had known what I said, she would have made me go cut my own switch. She taught me to love and respect EVERYONE. her most common lesson was, "If you can't say anything NICE, don't say anything at all."



Everyone...stay true to your SELF and don't say hurtful things, follow along with the crowd, or Tweet ANYTHING that you wouldn't say to a person's face in REAL life...just to get a higher follower count.

I hope that I NEVER do again but, if I do PLEASE CALL ME OUT on it.

This is an open apology to anyone I offended. I AM VERY SORRY that I hurt you in any way, and I will try very hard to NEVER do that again ;~*)

No comments:

Post a Comment